Psalm 34:8

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Another Hondy Adventure!

Well, folks.  It's happening again.  I'm leaving the country.

 

Who?


Me.  Bailey Anne Wenger.  That's W-E-N-G-E-R. 

 

What?


You heard me.  I'm gonna be teachin' English!

 

When?


I leave Friday, August 15, and I return on Tuesday, November 11.  I'm flying Delta, and I can already taste those delicious Biscoff cookies ... Get me on that plane!

 

Where?


Honduras.  More specifically, the Good Shepherd Children's Academy.  This is the school on the campus of the children's home that I have visited so many times.
It also happens to be the home of the beautiful Honduran children that I adore ... so ... they've got that going for them.

 

Why?


God said "Go." 

So ... I'm going.  

If you need a better reason than that, maybe this will work:
The GSCA was in need of an English teacher to finish out the school year (which ends in November), and I was happy to fill that need!  I graduated in May with a TESOL Certificate (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), so it's perfect!

Anything Else?


Well, yes, actually.  Thank you for asking.  I would love for you to partner with me.  Although I have a job as a teacher, it is a missionary position (I am raising my own support to go).  If you are interested in supporting me financially during the fall or next year, please let me know.

More importantly, I would love for you to partner with me in prayer.  I anticipate 3 months of service and challenges.  I am a first-time teacher with students who have seen me as a friend for over two years.  Please pray for wisdom to know how to handle my classroom and any problems that I'm sure will arise with my students.  Also please pray for good relationships built with my fellow teachers and with the staff of the home.  I know that fostering those relationships will be beneficial to me.  Above all, pray that the Lord will be glorified in and through my classroom.

 

What's the hardest part about leaving?


No question.  I have had the most amazing summer!  I got to serve as an intern for my favorite girls in my favorite youth ministry in my favorite church -- and I got to do so with my best friends as my coworkers!  It was such a blessing. 

I'm having to accept the fact that I won't see all my wonderful peeps until I come back in November.  I am also processing the strong possibility that I will teach all year next year -- that's the better part of a year and a half that I will be away from the town and people I love so much! I have been a roller coaster of emotions over the past few weeks, but I am so ready to see what the Lord has for me in the months ahead. The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.


Thank you, friends, for your prayers!  Stay tuned for updates.


I love you all!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment