Psalm 34:8

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What's New in Honduras?


What's new?
  1. My first week of classes went really well!  I learned a lot, and I am excited for the next 3 months. It is a complete privilege to teach some of my favorite kids in the world.
  2. The cafeteria is still working wonderfully. I often stop to thank the Lord for my 3 meals a day. There are so many in this country (and all over the world) who live on next to nothing.
  3. Saturday afternoon I was walking to the casitas when I passed Alexis helping Tom water some plant sprouts. I snapped a quick picture of him and planned to keep walking, but I decided to stop and visit for a while. Pretty soon, Alexis had put the watering can into my hand and I was helping too! I enjoyed that quality time with him.  More than anything, I loved seeing the smile that seemed stuck to his face. He loves to help, and Tom was full of praise for his work ethic.  Unfortunately, I ended up accidentally knocking over a cilantro plant -- Oops!  I apologized multiple times to Tom.  I felt so bad!  I hope that maybe I was able to model to Alexis how to respond when you make a mistake.  Later, Alexis and I helped Tom pick snap peas and green beans from the garden.  It was a lot of fun, and I even saw them in our lunch a couple of days later!
  4. Stewart (one of the teachers here) was sick on Monday, so I ended up teaching his class.  What a challenge!  Thankfully, God provided me with activities to do with the students that filled up the school day.  I was also happy to receive help from one of the school administrators, Elia.  I have a new-found respect for substitute teachers.  What a job!
  5. Prayer request time! There's some kind of virus going around.  Most of the North American teachers have been hit by the "worst" of it at some point, but we are all feeling the effects.  Prayers for health would be much appreciated!

Now for everyone's favorite part: Pictures!
I got to eat lunch with this cutie the other day.  Jimena always seems to have enough energy for everyone in the room!

I pass the baby cow pasture multiple times a day.  They are so pretty!

When you don't have constant internet access, you find yourself with time on your hands.  And you draw.

Alexis watering the plant sprouts -- cilantro, tomato, brocolli, etc.

Aaaand, here's the result of my clumsiness.  I'm sorry to all cilantro lovers (myself, included!)


Alexis with the snap peas and green beans we picked.

On Sundays, the teachers get to go one of the malls in Tegucigalpa.  We got to eat at a Johnny Rockets this week, and the vanilla milkshake I had was HEAVEN! 
Love ya'll!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment