Psalm 34:8

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cafeteria Dedication


We had the Cafeteria dedication yesterday! I sat with Alexis and the Casita 8 boys for the dedication and for lunch, which was delicious. We had rice, chicken, salad, rolls, and, get this – tiramisu for dessert! Can you believe it? It was the most filling meal I've had since I've been here. The kids all licked their plates clean and stacked them up when they were finished. What a blessing to have a place where everyone can eat together!

Yesterday morning, I had a good meeting with Brooke Pizzati (head of the bilingual program) about the logistics of coming to teach full time next year. I am still praying about it, but I am feeling more and more confident about the possibility of being here. If so, I will only have a few months to raise the support that I need, but I have no doubt that the Lord will provide every penny. He always has!

I was able to start planning my lessons yesterday, as well. I met with Profe Olga (a school administrator) this morning to discuss my classes, units, grading, etc. I have the first day and a half planned, and I'll hopefully finish planning for the week this morning.  I have 6th grade on Wednesday morning at 9:10 am (10:10 Central time), and I have 8th grade at 1:00 (2:00 Central).  I can hardly wait!  Your prayers would be much appreciated.

Now for some pics:

I was able to Skype with Mom, Morgan, and Brittany on Sunday night. It was great to catch up – it is so crazy that none of us are in the same geographical location! This is a whole new phase of life, away from my closest family and friends.

I snapped this picture for Kate France! Jorge's birthday was Sunday. Pastor Abner called him up Sunday morning to wish him a happy birthday and to pray for him. Then he and little Mariela were recognized in the morning assembly at school for their birthdays. :)

Alexis wanted me to sit by him at the Cafeteria dedication, and I was happy to! He caught my heart during my first trip here in February 2012. I have been sponsoring him ever since, and I am proud to call him my Honduran little brother in Christ. When we prayed during the dedication, he reached over and grabbed my hand to hold during the prayer. Love him!

The tias who will be serving in the kitchen were recognized during the dedication. These are such wonderful women with such beautiful hearts.



I met Julio a few weeks ago, and I decided to try train him while I'm here (right now, we're working on “sit”). Unfortunately, he hurt his back, left paw and has been limping ever since I got here. I hope he heals soon! He limps around with me everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment